Ridwan Kamil - young inspirational figure

I don't know why for the last few weeks I really enjoyed watching videos from YouTube. Either talkshow from Oprah, Barack Obama's speech from the White House, videoclips, and now TEDx Jakarta. Just now, I watched a TEDxJakarta which presented Ridwan Kamil, now the mayor of Bandung, capital city of West Java, Indonesia. I was totally in awe, not because of his educational background (although he was graduated from ITB and UC Berkeley) but on his principals of life, his passions and his visions and plan on how to make Indonesia a better place. I like his ideas of providing more public space in the city and "enerbike", a bike which can produce electricity so villagers don't have to depend on the public electricity company (PLN) anymore. One that I adore from him is that no matter how often you travel and visit other countries in the end it is your country that you have to develop. Indonesia tetap menjadi tempat yang terbaik bagi saya, that's what he said. I couldn't agree more :)

Comments

Popular Posts