Places to visit in Solo

Here are in brief, interesting places to visit in Solo, Indonesia.

1) Pasar Klewer (traditional market)
    Again, as a loyal follower of batik, I enjoy going through the crowded yet narrow passage in the market just to find a good and (hopefully) cheap batik cloth. I was in awe when we found a small shop which displayed an array of batik tulis all over the wall. The prices are reasonably expensive but you can also find cheap ones (which fits my financial situation) if you eager enough to bargain :) I wish I had more time strolling around this market, maybe next time I will be lucky enough.

2) Museum Danar Hadi
The fee to enter the museum is quite cheap, only IDR 25K. Unfortunately we couldn't get in because the staff said they were having a special guest inside. I wonder who the special guest is. But as an alternative you can also wander around the shop though for me it is expensive (especially after visiting Pasar Klewer!) but the idea of the designs to me are inspiring. The staff are also very friendly and helpful and they can tell you a story behind the batik.

3) Adem Ayem restaurant
This restaurant sells what we called as Ayam Kremes. The meat is so soft and you also can enjoy some prickles (bumbu kremes) poured above the chicken.

Comments

Popular Posts