Places to visit in Yogyakarta

Thought I would share some of the places that we visited during our family trip a few days ago. Hope it is useful for you somehow :)

>> Yogyakarta
1. Pasar Beringharjo
Address: Jl. Pabringan 1, Yogyakarta 55122, Indonesia
Phone: (0274) 515 871, 561 510
    Definitely a must go place for batik lovers like me. It is super crowded given that we went there on the exact Christmas day but if you are patience enough you can find interesting stuff there. Don't lazy to bargain as they usually offer the 1st price twice more expensive than the real price. So for example a trouser that costs IDR 75K is actually worth only IDR 30K. So do bargain! :)

2. Pempek Ny Kamto
    I am not a huge fan of pempek if I can find other food, but I am in love with this one. This small restaurant looks insignificant from the outer skirt but when you enter the place and taste the food you can instantly understand why there is a long line at the counter :)

3. Bakpia Pathuk 25 the factory
    I am also not too keen with this particular signature of Yogyakarta, but when my mum took me there and persuade me to eat the sample, the bakpia just melted in my mouth. It was warm and taste so perfectly good I tried more :) you will be served with an interesting picturesque of the staff making the bakpias and many stacks of empty boxes ready to be filled in with the bakpia. The factory also preserved the original Dutch building which I think add the selling value of the bakpia. Go try one and you can take a becak from Malioboro for only IDR 5K.

4. Mirota Batik
This store is situated just in front of Pasar Beringharjo. It sells a huge varieties in terms of design and price of batik and also Yogyakarta souvenirs. You should also try Bakpia Raminten there. Too bad I didn't get the chance to visit House of Raminten so I couldn't give any review.

5. Batik Rumah
Jl. Nogosari Lor No. 8 Jogjakarta 55132 - Indonesia
Telp:(0274)412217 - 415641

We know this place by accident when the becak driver told us another place to visit if you like batik. It is located in Jalan Nogosari. Prices of clothes are more expensive to me personally, you might find cheaper ones in Pasar Beringhajo but it is worthwhile to go there as they have really good designs of clothes and dresses. I noticed one visitor silently taking pictures of the clothes inside the store. One normal dress might cost for IDR 187,500 for example but at the time I visited the place, they gave us 20% discount so it costs only IDR 150,000.

6. Gudeg Bu Amad
What I can say is just this food is mouth watering!


Next... Solo!

Comments

Popular Posts