Reflection

If there is one wish that a fairy or a genie could give to me in 2014, I would wish to be given more (a lot!) patience *grin* :)
Impatience or sumbu pendek like @omjambul said is my middle name. Just the total opposite of my husband. His patience is bigger than the ocean. I am impatience in so many aspects.

I am impatience when I am driving. I can't resist myself not to honk my car when some angkots are idling (baca: ngetem) besides the streets.
I hate waiting. I am impatience when my flight is being delayed and I don't have anything to read and no interesting stuff to browse on my handphone. I don't like waiting for the doctor. I always think they should be on time (hey, doctors are expensively paid, they should be professionals! :)) but then again, perhaps that is why we are called the Patient, because we need to be patience... *sigh* anyways...

Above all, I am impatience when it come to my boys. I love them with all my heart but when they start to test my nerves by screaming or trying to find excuses not to take a bath, things turn to be quite challenging for me. Again, @omjambul is my savior. He usually take over the kids and calming me although sometimes he prefers to take over the kids and leave me alone for some while hehehe... (he knows me too well).

So yes, that would be my hope for 2014. Quite a simple word but difficult to realize.

For my other small hopes, apart from of course always hoping that I can be close with my family (husband, two boys, parents, sisters and in laws) and that we are all be healthy and happy, I do have some small targets such as:

1) start to write my blog in Bahasa Indonesia.
At first I write my blog mostly in English because I want to practice my writing skill per se. No other particular reasons (eg. show off etc). This is a way for me to maintain and improve my English writing skill that is not really that good (not even close to good I have to admit!). But then just a few days ago when I tried to write something in Bahasa, I stumbled. And it struck me immediately. I can't write in a good Bahasa Indonesia. Or even worse, I find it to hard to write in Bahasa Indonesia at all, either formal or informally. Working in an international organization also force me to always use English when writing emails, reports, etc. Perhaps I should balance it a bit now. Let me try. I will write something in Bahasa Indonesia occasionally in my blog. Can't promise it will be nice to read though :)

2) start to read books regularly
I used to be a bookworm. I can finish up to 3 or 4 fiction books/ novels in a month. Now that glory days have faded away. But I am really eager to get that reading habit back on the road. I want to learn how to read faster. After a long hibernation, I am shamefully reading so slow. I cant finish one English novel even for a month hehehe... I can give a lot of excuses for this, but I think reading should be a habit. I believe in old words saying that "The more you know, the more you don't know". I possibly will never know that Sukarno was a doctor and graduated from ITB if I didn't read. And if I didn't read I will surely left behind by the younger generations. Perhaps one key that makes a big country like the US can be so developed is because the people have big curiosity and they read. So don't be lazy, read!

3) visit my old interest: drawing and designing stuff
I am such a heavy left-brain user. I ignore my right brain a lot these past few years. After becoming an Instagram member and saw lots of creativities that can even be sold to people (such as hampers, goodie bags) I am eager to try practicing my hands to draw. I have tried it before and the drawings are sooo ugly! :) I am inspired by a lot of people in Instagram: @ayangcempaka, @simplyhampers, @kadotjes. Their products are originally made by themselves. I want to know if I can also do the same. At least try one.

Ok, already my second post in 2014. Enjoy today!!

Comments

Popular Posts