Soekarno

Two weeks ago, still in holiday mood, both me and my friend went to the cinema (note: I haven't watched movies in cinemas perhaps for a year!!) and watched Soekarno.

As usual different opinions arose from people who have watched the movie. Some were disappointed as they expected more of Soekarno as a president instead of a dillematic husband . But for some other, and this includes me, I was satisfied watching the movie. Hanung Bramantyo did a brilliant move by showing the imperfection of Soekarno as a normal human being. He really paid attention into details. Choosing the actors (Ario Bayu, ehm! and oh, the actress who act as Fatmawati too),

Ario Bayu
source: http://www.21cineplex.com/star/ario-bayu,668.htm

the dialects, the setting of locations, style of the saucer and tea cup. I love the details.

I hope these kind of Indonesian movies can show up more often in cinemas so that younger generation can understand the history of our country. As we all know, history is important to bring the country into a better condition. And by conveying them visually, I hope people will be more interested to learn about it.


Merdeka!!




Comments

Popular Posts