June

Happy new month!

I am enjoying my new life. Still trying to find what my true passion is. But to me it is getting clearer that I enjoy work as a researcher. Now I can satisfied my curiosity. I just need to be more diligent in reading and practice my writing. There are so many things, so many topics on my plate which is really exciting. Some topics that I am currently observing:
1) Indonesian middle class
2) REDD+ (definitely, still an interesting topic for me to see the progress)
3) Community wellbeing
4) Disaster and climate change (this is a new topic which I still need to grasp)
5) Policies and decision making on natural resources (and how they relate to each other)

Like one colleague said, in the beginning you just need to work the extra hours. I agree. I am trying to do that in the midst of taking care of my children. Family is still my 1st priority. I tend to learn slow but I believe I can catch up. I still want to keep improving my quantitative skill especially in economics but as well as to learn qualitative methods.


Wish me luck!!

Comments

Popular Posts