True Story



I just watched this movie with my husband as part of our movie date (at home of course).

It is a film adaptation from a relationship between a journalist, Mike Finkel, and Christian Longo who has murdered his wife and their three children. They started to connect because Chris Longo has used Finkel's name as his alias. It turned out that Longo has followed Finkel's career since the beginning and wanted Finkel to write about Longo's story and how he initially wanted to plea as "not guilty".

Early scenes of the movie are very interesting and successfully caught my concentration. But then I lost it somewhere in the middle of the story. Perhaps because suddenly the story was too plain or too long. However, I still feel this is a nice movie to watch. It doesn't drain your brain because I can still follow and understand the story  (I am a good example of people who always throw questions to their partners when the movie is still playing). :) ALSO James Franco played really well as Christian Longo. Sometimes if you have seen an actor or actress played in many movies, the image of their previous roles will naturally attached into your mind and you unconsciously always relate that former image with the current one while you are watching the movie. At least that's what I did. I relate James Franco's previous role as Harry Osborn in Spiderman. But as hard as I try to relate him, I cannot find the image of Harry Osborn in this movie. So well done for James Franco :)

Apart from the movie, I am glad now my husband and I can manage more quality time together by watching movies. I guess as the kids are growing up, slowly and eventually we will have more time to ourselves. Now @omjambul and I are trying to catch up movies that we haven't watched for ages! :)


Comments

Popular Posts