Stay quiet

I think I have been pretty much under the shades these past few weeks.

More than a month ago, I decided to uninstall one of my social media application. At that time I did that simply because I was trying to concentrate more in achieving one of my goals and by deleting one of the app I will be less distracted. The first few days was perhaps the hardest because I kept looking at my phone and paused because previously I used to automatically click the app to post something or to simply look at other people's activities and now it's gone. But then after the first week passed, and another, I kind of get used to not looking at the app and my daily life cycle gradually changed. My phone doesn't seem too attractive anymore :)

I occasionally checked my phone just to visit Instagram. I love this app most because I feel that Instagram provides more options for people. If people follow you, you don't automatically follow them. Second, you can pick whatever or whoever you want to follow. From online shops, public figures, or interior designs. The latter caught a lot of my interest. And lastly, you post pictures, instead of opinions (although you can insert it in your caption but it is not the first thing you see). You post something more real I guess, compared than updating your status. To me, Instagram is a place for me to learn my photography skill. Related to my decision above, I feel that Instagram is a calmer and more private place instead of other apps. 

So I guess now I don't really want to install the app again. Staying a little bit quieter from the online public audience proves to preserve my sanity and positivity. I don't need to know what other people are doing all the time. I will just concentrate on my life, outside my cell phone :)
 

Comments

Popular Posts