GLAD

I am so glad that I have finally pass both the IELTS and GRE test :)

It was personally a struggle for me especially GRE because the materials are much more complicated than the IELTS. I also realized that age does matters. Now that I am older, I found myself trying to remembering verbs a lot more harder than I was in my 20s. But I guess practice makes perfect, or at least better. I literally practiced day and night using various type of means such as books, internet, e-book, newsletter and many more.

I was absolutely nervous when I did mya test because if I failed I need to take another one and the deadline to start the new term is approaching really fast. I also cannot afford to pay for another one since the test fee is very expensive.

I guess some tips that I can share from taking both GRE and IELTS  are:

1. Focus on your weakness but still do some practice on all materials. You will never know what you will be facing during the test so you have to be familiar with all the materials.
2. If you don't have much time, I would prefer to just skim the materials and put more effort in practicing the questions. Your confidence will improve and helps you to memorize the types of questions.
3. Put a lot of variation. I am an easily bored person so I need to have different types of sources for studying. For example, when I feel tired studying in front of the computer, I switch to my phone and open the vocabulary app or the New York Times. Being stagnant in one position for a long time will hurt your body and also distract your mind.
4. Reward yourself and give a break. Your mind can be exhausted like your body so a break, even just a short one, is very important. I used to treat myself when I have completed one type of materials by checking on beauty cosmetics in my favourite online shop :)
5. Get some sleep. I know it sounds so cliche and I also experienced sleep deprivation many of the times but I do agree that you cannot stay up late consequentially. You need to combine it with one day of good sleep otherwise your brain skill will deteriorate. Especially in my age, in the 30s, I don't think I can be as ignorant as on my 20s when it comes to health. So do know your limit.

I guess that's for now. I'll definitely share more later :)



Comments

Popular Posts