Hunger Games

when I held Razki's tedak siten, my dear friend Oe lend me a book called The Hunger Games.
I almost never visit a bookstore in this last one year and also not give much effort to sit down and read. After having Razki, I spend most of my time with him, apart from going to work. Hunger Games successfully brought back my "appetite" in reading.

Hunger Games tells you about a country, Panem, who has a big power in controlling 12 poor districts which surrounding Capitol (the capital name of Panem, if I am not mistaken). Every single year, each districts has to send two children (boy and girl) as a delegate of their district to physically compete in a"battle for life" called Hunger Games.

At the beginning, I felt reluctant to continue reading this book because the story is much different than other novels I have read. It described how hard life can be. From hunger where people can only afford to eat trash food, meat from dog, etc. into killing other people just to be alive and win the "game".
I almost stop reading it because I can't stand the violence but the story reached me back when I finally realized this book is not only about banging other people's head and the blood went all over your body. this book tells you about how to survive, how your humanity is still tested when your life is threatened. reading this is exciting and yet heart touching, especially part when Katniss offered to be one of the delegate to replace her sister and when Katniss stayed beside Rue until she passed away.

The ending is quite unclear and it made me wonder if there is any sequence of this book. and my friend said yes, it was actually a trilogy. the next ones are Catching Fire and Mocking Jay. I can't wait to grab these. For you book lovers, I must recommend this book. thanks Oe for introducing me to Suzanne Collins :)

Comments

-Ow- said…
Awww...seru kan..kan..kan..
:)

Popular Posts