thread of life

have i told you i am an extra mellow person?

tonight i just evident two real stories that makes me shed my tears.

first, is the death of young star of Moto GP, Marco Simoncelli.
He died during an accident at the Malaysian Moto GP in Sepang today. The tragic moment went very fast and my heart just broke when I saw the picture of him lying still on the ground...

second is quite the opposite story.

it is a story of a twins who were born on October 17, 1995, twelve weeks before their due date.
After spending six months together in their mother’s womb, the twins were immediately separated after their birth because the standard hospital practice in 1995 was to place preemie twins in separate incubators to reduce the risk of infection. Each were in their respective incubators and one was not expected to live. A hospital nurse fought against the hospital rules and placed the babies in one incubator. When they were placed together, the healthier of the two, threw an arm over her sister in an endearing embrace. The smaller baby’s heart stabilized and temperature rose to normal (source: here)


I instantly cried looking at the way one of the twins hugs her sister. How simple the action and how big the impact is.

Then I remember my son, his going-to-be younger sibling. I realized how I love them so much, with all my bits of heart. I imagine if my son are those twins, will I be strong enough to see them striving for their life.

And I realize how our life can be as thin as thread.
One moment we mourn, one moment we cherish.
Semudah membalikkan telapak tangan.

I hope we can walk every moment of our life without regret.

Happy evening people :)



Comments

Popular Posts