Landscape with the Fall of Icarus

Due to a public lecture I just attended in the office about migration, I browsed "The Fall of Icarus". This is a painting which was shown in the lecture's presentation, it was so beautiful I felt curious to know it more. This picture, as quoted from Wikipedia, depict humankind's indifference to suffering by highlighting the ordinary events which continue to occur, despite the unobserved death of Icarus.

Despite the fact that this painting was made from the 1560s, the message still applies until now, I think. The fact that nowadays people are more into themselves without noticing any tragic cases that happened or may happen just across their house yards. Ironic. I hope we still can maintain our human touch, our sense to other beings, not only human, despite all the high technologies that continues to improve, so that we don't become ignorant people, busy with our own gadgets but instead be more cautious and sensible.

Lets.


Comments

Popular Posts