A story of a sun and a little girl

"Good morning. I am shining again", said the sun. "Oh long time no see!" exclaimed the little girl. "Stay right there ok? I'll call my friends. We have some games to catch up and we need you there". The sun frowned, "so you need me because you need to do your own things?" The girl was surprised by the sun's reaction. She patted the sun on the back. "Of course not sun, don't be silly. If there weren't you, the world will be as cold as ice, as gloomy as a child who missed the ice cream seller. You give us light and warmth and you help the world to keep spinning". The sun blushed and gave a little smile. The little girld continued ,"but you know, sometimes real gratitude are not explicitly mentioned and expressed. Why? Because sometimes they are just so close to your heart and life. Just like you" The sun gave a big smile and hugged the little girl. "You make me feel better. Sometimes I feel humans are just too busy doing their own things they forgot to feel grateful. They forgot to feel grateful for the air that they breath, the soil that they stand on, for the health that they are given. They only realise it when they are taken away". "Yes you are right" said the little girl. Thats why I am going to call my friends so they can see you up there and remember to feel grateful that all of us can still enjoy the sunshine". The sun nodded. "OK. Off you go. I will be waiting here." And not too long the girls gathered under the sun and played all their games. The sun happily accompany them. The end.

Comments

Popular Posts