Six months

It has been 6 months since I move to work in a government institution. I must say, this is not easy at all. I thought I have prepared myself for the worst but yet I am still shocked with the new condition I am facing here. The culture of work and bureaucracy have once made me at my lowest point within these past six months.

I am not used to chat during work. What I usually did in my previous office once I arrive in the office is to open my computer and check my emails or going straight to work. In here, it is so laid back. People chat and laugh out or even turn on the music out loud which can make people in the end of the other hall can turn their heads. I know that this is a research institution but I don't feel the energy to do research as much as I feel it in my previous office. But I try not to be disappointed.

And then speaking of bureaucracy. As a newly hired, it is just natural that we are being placed in a center stage. People are curious of where we are and what we do. But I think it is too much. Sometimes I want to say just mind your own business :) but then I am not working in an international environment anymore and like it or not I have to adapt. Adapting without losing our true color, of course.

And when I am writing this blog, my computer plays this song by Michael Jackson, which is such a coincident. If you want to be in a better place, you just have to change yourself. I hope wherever I work, I will not lose my true color (as one of my senior colleague said) and I can keep my working style. Keep being me. :)

Comments

Popular Posts