I just arrived from a trip to Palu last weekend. It was literally amazing. I feel like I was brought into another world. Living in a village where you don't have any phone signal, rare access to electricity (people living in Jakarta island should feel blessed!) and suffering road with land slides here and there, have actually refresh my mind, body and soul. For a very long time I didn't have any headache, backache or upset stomach. I ate fish everyday and never open my laptop. I only use my phone to switch on the recorder whenever I was interviewing somebody or just to kill the time by playing games. I went up the hill to observe the cocoa plantation and discover a mini waterfall. I very rarely watch TV or read newspaper, barely know what is happening outside. But it somehow freshen me up. My mind become less worried about all the troubles in the office. I don't care because all I see in the vicinity is green landscapes with steep hills, sounds of birds and monkeys far away, morning mist, and a hot black coffee. Life can never be this better. The only thing that was missing is my family. I missed my children very much.

Now that I am back home and realized tomorrow I need to go back to work, my heart sank. Everything in the office melt me down. But I guess I just have to move on and try to be nice as best as you can. As long as we have a good will, in sha Allah someday we will reap the fruit.

Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah for the very nice trip to Palu.

Comments

Popular Posts