Motherhood



Picture taken from: http://kmberggren.com/

At this point of time, I don't really care about my career. All I care about is how many time I can spend with my children. I know this sounds weird looking back at how I was quite determine (if you don't want to say ambitious) on my career path. I used to think that PhD is a must, but now I think of it as a bonus. My first priority is I want to be with my kids when they are still little, as much as I can. Others will have to follow. Why? Because they are still so little and need their parents or at least their mum, above all. That's one reason why I am not too passionate in working anymore.

If I want to be spontaneous, I don't mind to quit my job and be at home. I will then find some consultancies work, the kind of work where you don't have to leave the house from 7 AM to 5 PM. I want to be there when my kids call me. I want to have a nap together with them. I want to pick them from school. But if that's not possible, I want to spend all the time that I have for them. So my children don't feel left out or feel that I put my work first before them. I want to be there when they need me, because someday they might not look for me first, but instead their friends or girlfriends. They will then prefer to spend the weekends with their friends or a date with their girlfriend. Before that time comes, no matter how tired I am, I would want to hand around them. As I am their mother, and that's what a mother should be.

Comments

Popular Posts