Laksmi Pamuntjak

I am currently reading Amba, written by Laksmi Pamuntjak.

I was curious with the author. My early judgment was that the author would look like an elder woman with a serious face and glasses. I was proven wrong. Laksmi Pamuntjak, in the other way around, looks very beautiful and fashionable, with her long hair and make ups, far away from the impression of an old-fashioned woman because maybe when I read her name it sounds so traditional. But apart from her "socialita" look, I am surprised to know that she has a rich knowledge of Indonesian food. I visited her website: http://laksmipamuntjak.com/books/aruna-dan-lidahnya-2 and read that her book "Aruna dan Lidahnya" is a book that stories about Indonesian culinary (I haven't read the book though but it will be in my bucket list). I watched her interviews with Peter F. Gontha in YouTube and she definitely knows a lot about food and beyond food.

So I am looking forward to finish her novel, Amba, and then read the next one, Aruna dan Lidahnya.



Comments

Popular Posts