Jalanin aja.

Funny.

Funny how we can share our life stories to a total stranger and feel much closer to that person compared to our own family or friends.

At first I thought that will only happen in movies. But I stand corrected.

It was yesterday when I have to work a bit late than my usual working hours. I took the train which was unsurprisingly very crowded. When the train approached Bojong Gede Station I was finally able to sit. I sat between two older women which I guess were in their mid-50s. Not long after I sat, a woman with two toddlers passed us, carrying both of her children in the front and at the back of her body. We were astonished yet furious on how she carried her children very irresponsibly. I said irresponsible because it was late, the train was crowded, and she let the children hung up to her while her hands busy carrying other things. To me it is very dangerous.

And from that scene, I started to talk with the woman on my left-side. How she also disapproved the way that woman took her children in the train. We started to chat about our own children and from there we revealed our life, just like that. It turned out that she was also a kindergarten teacher.  I then told her about my son's condition. Out of my expectation she didn't judge me at all. She even encouraged me to stay positive and "tetap semangat" for my son. "Don't worry, I think your child is normal, it just takes him longer than other kids". That kind words made me smile.
She also said that I shouldn't feel guilty because I need to work. She is a working mum too for more than 20 years and her children all grew well and smart. The key is to trust and to be "tega" when you need to leave for work. But when at home, you have to spend totally your time for the children. They will not feel lost.

When the train finally stopped in Bogor Station, I asked her where her home is. She smiled and told me a place that might take more than 30 minutes from the station to go there. Wow. And then I asked whether she feel tired and ever complained. She just smiled again and said as long as you enjoy doing your work, everything else will be ok. "Dijalanin aja"

That short encounter has been the highlight of my busy day yesterday. Thank you Allah, I can always feel your kindness, everywhere.




Comments

Popular Posts